Dogs really like consistency in their lives especially if he/she has a more nervous or timid temperament. Sometimes our pets can be overwhelmed by all the noise and celebrations.
1. Make sure your dog has a quiet safe place to escape to when the activity is at its loudest for example, its own crate or room.
2. Teach young children to respect the dogs space and let it rest.
3. Be wary of feeding the dog turkey (or any other meat) with the gravy and avoid rich puddings. Both can be too heavy and cause upset tummies (In the dog that is!) Keep any scraps plain and simple.
4. Keep all chocolate away from your dog. Excess human chocolate has been known to kill dogs in the past.
5. NEVER EVER feed your dog the bone of a cooked turkey or any other animal. Bones become brittle during the cooking process and can cause horrendous damage if they splinter inside.
Please contact us if you or someone you know is looking for help with their dog via our enquiries page.Contact us