Behavioural Training Programme – Home based
Dogs aren’t born badly behaved, life and temperament shapes them – just like us. Your dog’s natural temperament, combined with how you are as an owner will drive its behaviour. We work with you to deal with the issues you’re experiencing by coming into your home and observing you and your dog. We will then identify which course of action is best for you and your dog.
The One to One service is the most rewarding programme offered by Pawsitive Solutions. The issues created by challenging dogs cause enormous anxiety and stress to owners. They love their dogs yet could have had complaints from councils and neighbours about excessive barking or the dog may have shown aggression to another dog. Sometimes friends stop visiting because of the dogs over exuberance. We can help because we believe that ANY dog can be transformed from stressed and unhappy to calm and happy. In fact neighbours often wonder if the dog has gone because the barking has stopped.
Pawsitive Solutions home coaching programme will allow you to say goodbye to any or all of the following issues:
- Excessive barking at the door and window or at the Postie
- Separation anxiety
- Aggression to people, other dogs and even you
- Obsessive compulsive behaviour such as car and jogger chasing
- Inappropriate toileting in the home
- Constant jumping, lead pulling and lunging
- Guarding food and toys
- Destruction both inside and outside the home
- Poor recall or selective deafness
What is included in the programme?
- Travel to you and work in your home and surrounding area
- Home visits as required for up to 2 months
- Unlimited e-mail and telephone support between visits
- Written training plan and supporting training handouts
- You only pay once. You have peace of mind knowing that support (if you need it) is available for up to 2 months at no extra cost.
- After an initial assessment, we will explain what is causing your pet to misbehave. You will start to see life through your dog’s eyes and understand what makes him/her ‘tick’.
- We show you how to use your dog’s natural learning method. The results are quick.
- We will then work on the issues needing attention in and outside the home including lots of practice situations.
- Everything you are taught is as close as possible to how a pack animal learns. We do not use harsh training methods or physical force of any kind. We know that patience and praise works and this is how your dog will learn to respect you.
- We leave you with a written plan with clear practice instructions to carry out between visits.
- All dogs are individuals and some behavioural issues sort very quickly but others can take a bit longer. That’s why we include up to 2 months’ support if needed.
- Our personal commitment is to give you as much help and support as you need to start or regain a happy and rewarding relationship with your dog.
- I also like you to have fun when training. The more you relax and enjoy what we do the more your dog will relax as well.